CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Juan Padilla Back in Mets Uniform!


ANTHONY McCARRON of the Daily News is reporting:

Juan Padilla, a right handed reliever who has missed the last two seasons because of two elbow surgeries, agreed to a minor-league contract with the Mets on Friday and said he hopes to compete for a spot in the team's crowded bullpen.

Padilla, 30, was 3-1 with a 1.49 ERA in 24 games for the Mets in 2005 but hasn't pitched in the majors since undergoing Tommy John surgery and another operation on his pronator tendon (in the forearm). But, he said in a telephone interview yesterday, he will be healthy for spring training. He threw a bullpen session recently and was "95%," he said.

"I want to get back on that mound," Padilla said. "I won't be a question mark anymore. I'll be the Juan Padilla from 2005. No one will have to ask me, 'How are you doing?'

"There'll be competition, but I know if I'm healthy, I'll be a tough decision. I won't make it easy for them (to send him to the minors)."

....Added by Ty Flo....

After not making strides to improve the bullpen early in the off-season, it seems as if Omar has picked up the pace. The Mets have many options for the bullpen coming into the 2008 season. This off-season the Mets have acquired...

  • Juan Padilla
  • Matt Wise
  • Steve Register
Hey Omar, add Akinori Otsuka to that list.

1 comments:

Bill said...

Totally agree about Otsuka. Signing him would make this pen complete. Wise, & Otsuka are way better than Mota & Sele.