CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Dotel Signs with Chi Sox

According to Ken Rosenthal at Fox Sports, The White Sox have signed RP Octavio Dotel to a 2-year $11 million dollar deal. Last season with the Royals and Braves, he went 2-1 with a 4.11 ERA and 11 saves in 33 appearances. Dotel is the second major addition to the Whtie Sox bullpen this off-season. The Sox earlier signed right-hander Scott Linebrink for $19 million over four years. Thats $30 million for over-the-hill-relievers. I still think Dotel has a little left in the tank, if he can stay healthy, but Linebrink won't do as good as he did when he was in the National League Central.

In other news, the Cardinals and 25 year-old catcher Yadlier Molina agreed to a contract extension worth approximately $21.5 million over the next 4 seasons. Molina is said to be one of the best defensive catchers in the majors, and Tony La Russa praises his work ethic. Last year, Molina hit .275 with six homers and 40 RBIs in 111 games. Yadlier is the youngest of the Molina catching family, with Jose on the Yankees and Bengie with the Giants.

4 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I finally saw your hatred of me and my site...thanks for caring. It's nice that both of our teams are competitive so it can be a real rivalry now. Muck the Fets!

http://pabaseball.blogspot.com

GM-Carson said...

Hey, I know we hate each other's teams, but want to swap links? If so, drop me an email or post a comment on my blog saying such.

Marc said...

Just as an fyi: I link to both of you.

RaysBaseball.BlogSpot.Com

Anonymous said...

Hey Carson - I love the rivalry that the Phillies and Mets are building. I never hated the Phillies, but I never liked them either. After the last 2 years though ahh...it's been fun...this year YOU GO DOWN!