CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thank You Minnesota!!!

I would like to take the time to say Thank You to former Twins GM Terry Ryan, current GM Bill Smith, and the fans of the Minnesota Twins.


On July 30, 2007 Castillo was traded by the Twins to the New York Mets for two minor league players, catcher Drew Butera, and outfielder Dustin Martin.

On August 1, 2007 Santana had this to say about the trade:

"We've been close," Santana said "And in all those times, we seem to be a couple players away from winning it all. So I respect all the decisions they make, but I won't say that they're right all the time.

"They protect their young players. They protect their organization, their roots, everything. But I guess I won't be a part of it. A lot of guys don't feel like they can be part of it, and they have to move on."

"I'm not surprised," Santana said, the newspaper reported. "That's exactly how they are. That's why we're never going to go beyond where we've gone."

"You always talk about future, future. ... But if you only worry about the future, then I guess a lot of us won't be part of it," Santana said

"Why waste time when you're talking about something that's always going to be like that? It's never going to be beyond this point. It doesn't make any sense for me to be here, you know?"

Santana said, "I don't think (the decision makers) care. I've been here for eight years, and I've seen a lot of those kind of things, I've seen a lot of those guys come in and leave. They (The decision makers) don't care. They always talk about caring about it; I don't think they care. "

"Because if you're always talking about having young players -- that's the philosophy the team has, and I respect all that -- but it's been proven that it's not enough to go all the way to the World Series."

So by Terry Ryan trading away Luis Castillo, he also lost any chance of the Twins resigning Johan Santana. So Thank you Mr. Ryan!

Thank You Mr. Bill Smith for trading the best pitcher in major league baseball to the Mets. I understand your hand were somewhat handcuffed, but you took a gamble on the Yankees and Red Sox trading punches. It never happened. Then Santana and his agent tell you that you have 10 days to make a trade or we veto any trade and go to free agency. Bill, you then asked the three teams for their best offer. The Yankees and Red Sox told you "We're out" and the Mets offered just the four prospects.

You had only two choices: 1) make the trade with the Mets or 2) let Santana walk after the 2008 season. The rest as they say is history!

And lets not forget the Twin fans. I know most of you are pissed off, but thank you. At least he's out of the AL, and don't sleep on the Mets prospect.

2 comments:

Super Johan said...

Dude! Your getting your posts so interesting now I am starting to like your page a lot. Maybe i will learn from you so when the times is right i comeback to my blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike
As baseball gets closer, I'll be doing more.